School Safety and Facilities
Southern Westchester BOCES has been assembling and sharing reliable resources about the COVID-19 outbreak since January. In response to the rapidly changing situation, coupled with requests from our districts, we have created this COVID-19 Resource Page. This continuously updated repository provides information and guidance from medical professionals and public health officials, curated to inform and protect the health and safety of our community.
Supervisor of School Safety & Facilities
(914) 345-8500, Ext. 3167
Brandon A. Cruz, Supervisor
School Safety & Facilities
(914) 345-8500, Ext. 3167
CoSer 644 provides training, consultation and technical assistance to create and maintain an educational environment that is a model for workplace safety and best practices. We work directly with districts to handle matters of compliance with regulatory requirements and SAVE legislation.
Events coming up
2022-23 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Leaders' Network
The DEI Leaders' Network comes together in response to calls for action to ensure each student benefits from an equitable and diverse learning experience. This Network serves as a community of practice with the intent of realizing the promise of developing equitable and inclusive educational journeys for students. Here, we leverage personal, professional, and personal-professional experiences to build and action strategies, resources, policies, and plans that advance DEI goals.
The NYSED Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education Framework is at the heart of our work. It highlights the importance of "incorporating an equity and inclusion lens in every facet of our work….” We embrace a differentiated approach, considering each individual, classroom, school, and district and their varied interests and needs.
- Convene DEI leaders and practitioners to collaborate on DEI policy, strategic planning, and implementation
- Consider the essential question: To what extent is my district/school/classroom an equitable one?
- Ground our work in NYSED's CRSE Framework and NYSED's DEI Policy
- Identify an area of focus and implement action steps to support your district's DEI efforts
- Contribute to Network resources and co-construct priorities
- While the DEI Leaders' Network is open to all engaged in DEI practice, we recommend joining with a colleague or school-wide or district-wide team.
- Members serve as "leaders” in the broadest definition of the term.
- Members are expected to bring ideas back to their districts, schools, and/or classrooms
Contract Tracy Tyler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for team pricing.Center for Professional Learning and Curriculum Support
The Mandated Training Link above lists School Safety training mandates and Facilities requirements for all NYS schools and districts. Please refer to the link and to our Training and Services listed below.
Regional Facilities News
Southern Westchester BOCES is proud to partner with the Southeastern Chapter of the New York State School Facilities Association (NYSSFA). Please use the links below to find the NYSSFA meeting calendar and training information.
School Safety Training
- Active Shooter Training
- Building Level Emergency Response Planning
- Crisis Response Training
- DASA/Violence Prevention refreshers
- Develop Crisis Plans
- Incident Command Management
- Lockdown Emergency Training
- New Building Emergency Plan Template
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Audits
- Table Top Exercises
- Asbestos testing and training
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Chemical Hygiene Plan Development
- Chemical and Petroleum Storage
- Cooling Towers Inspections
- Fire Inspections
- Indoor Air Quality Testing
- Playground and Gymnasium Inspections
- Right to Know
- Underground Storage Tank Programs
- Water Testing